Situated on the bank of the Chao Phraya River, ICONSIAM or The Icon of Eternal Prosperity combines together the best of Thailand’s retail, entertainment, residential spaces, hospitality, and much more. It is conveniently located on Charoen Nakhon Road on the Thonburi side of Bangkok which is just a 15-minute drive away from Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom Hotel. After making its grand debut on 9 November 2018, the new national landmark has quickly become the talk of the town thanks to its unique Thainess concept and a wide variety of features and attractions. Be it the heritage museum, high-end shops, a range of dining options to satisfy all taste buds, world-class condominium buildings or the state-of-the-art auditorium, ICONSIAM has it all!
Built on a 55-rai plot with 50 rai on the banks of the Chao Phraya River and 5 rai on Charoen Nakhon Road, the project is a joint venture of Siam Piwat, Magnolia Quality Development Corporation and Charoen Pokphand Group – the 3 most successful Thai businesses. More than just a shopping centre, the complex aims to become a global destination where visitors from all over the world can experience various events and activities in one destination and can explore Thai culture in exciting new ways.
The iconic landmark features 2 main retail complexes, including ICONSIAM, the main retail and entertainment area, and ICONLUXE, the other complex that boasts many of the world’s high-end brands. Inspired by Thai people’s beliefs associated with the Chao Phraya River, the architecture of the building depicts how a ‘Krathong’ is folded, while the ICONLUXE pavilion is aesthetically designed and built with a special glass that forms vertical pleats all over the complex to illustrate the beauty of a traditional Thai dress ‘Sa-bai’.
Thanks to it’s strategic location, guests of Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom Hotel can easily access this riverside landmark via different modes of transportation, including by car, rail, or by boat. Those wishing to visit the megamall via public transportation can start their journey at Saphan Taksin BTS Skytrain Station, located a 10-minute walk from Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom. Make sure to exit the station at the Exit no.2 then head to Sathorn Pier where a complimentary ICONSIAM shuttle boat is provided daily from 9:00 AM – 11:00 PM every 10 minutes. Alternatively, they can get off at Thonburi BTS Skytrain Station to take a free shuttle bus to the complex.
Still deciding whether or not to visit ICONSIAM on your trip to Bangkok? Read below ‘The 7 wonders of ICONSIAM’, combining a vast array of highlights and things to do that will make your Bangkok trip even more special and memorable!
1. River Park – Covering over 10,000 square metres, the riverside promenade allows visitors to access and take a leisurely stroll while admiring spectacular views of the Chao Phraya River. The park is also ideal for arranging large national events and performances in the most fascinating way along the river.
2. Multimedia Water-and-Fire Feature – Stretching over 400 metres along the Chao Phraya River, this multimedia water feature claims to be the longest fountain show in Southeast Asia. Visitors will surely be amazed by an awesome show of water, fire, sound and light on their visit to the mega complex.
3. SookSiam – With a commitment to promote Thailand onto the global stage, ICONSIAM has introduced ‘SookSiam’, a co-creation space for local entrepreneurs from all 77 provinces to bring together their creative masterpieces. It is also a place to showcase Thai cultural heritages and local wisdoms through art, handicraft, performance and local traditions. Occupying the entire 15,000 square metres of the ground floor, visitors can enjoy shopping a range of authentic arts and crafts, community products, fashion pieces and explore Thai food from different regions.
4. True Icon Hall – This world-class conference venue will be a one-of-a-kind auditorium capable of hosting international events and concerts. Scheduled to open in July 2019, the 3000-seat hall will be well-equipped with latest meeting facilities and innovative sound equipment to accommodate all manner of events.
5. Gold Line Monorail – The Gold Line monorail system is designed to connect visitors from any directions to access the mall conveniently. Once the project is completed, ICONSIAM will soon become a hub for transportation infrastructure connecting land, rail, and water transport and will help upgrade the urban landscape and quality of life.
6. River Museum Bangkok – Home to the country’s valuable antiques and artifacts as well as touring exhibitions of art pieces from around the world, the ICONSIAM Heritage Museum will be Thailand’s first world-class museum where all visitors can learn more about the history and culture of Thailand. It is located on the 8th floor and is scheduled to open in July 2019.
7. Art Synergy Phenomenon – For the first time in the history, ICONSIAM has assembled a large number of artworks and masterpieces made by well-known Thai and international artists from different genres to be presented here. Visitors will be amazed and inspired by the landmark’s interior decoration as there will be numerous statues, paintings, and carvings displayed inside the building.
These 7 components are just a few examples of what the 750,000-square-metre riverside landmark has to offer! Plenty of unprecedented excitements like the first shop of the Japanese Takashimaya Department Store, the first Apple Store and the first 3-Michelin Star Restaurant await all visitors to discover on their own at ICONSIAM. Add this newest destination to your Bangkok wish list now! – It’s a great way to make the most of your precious time in Bangkok while staying at our Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom Hotel.